Sunday, September 17, 2006

Where's Waldo

A couple of weeks ago I attended my first Perimeter Institute lecture. Rogers television was there to capture the magic.

The guest speaker was Professor Paul J. Steinhardt of Princeton University. The title of the presentation was "Impossible Crystals".



Really interesting stuff, although when he started talking about Fibonacci sequences I had a sudden, nasty flashback to my pitiless C++ programming instructor from college.

So they aired the program on t.v. the other night, and I watched some of it, eagerly idly wondering if they would show my gormless mug on camera.

Kinda. The fact that I was the only one wearing a rather noticeable white baseball cap made me pretty easy to spot, but as far as my closeup goes? Not so much.
Here's a screen-grab from my computer. (You can watch the lectures freely here.)



Thanks a bunch, Mr. DeMille.

Actually, a couple of frames later, the guy in front moves his head a smidgen, and you can almost see that I'm smiling.

Smiling at the science!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home