Sunday, January 23, 2005

Play him out, Doc...

Funny, the things you think about in the morning on the way to the bathroom.
Take today -- opened my eyes, stumbled ten feet and lifted the toilet lid.
Jon Stewart, Johnny Stewart, Shelly Winters, Johnny Carson, Carnak the Great, yesterday's strangeness --and flush.

Back to my computer and I learn that Carson is dead. What a shame.
He and Shelly would crack up my shit every time without fail. As a kid, I'd actually hold up my portable panasonic tape player to the television and record parts of his skits.


Yesterday's strangeness-

Started the day debating whether to clean out some of my bookmarks.
I spied "Hydriotaphia" and wondered if I was ever going to read it.
Ended the day reading Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius by Jorge Luis Borges.
The last line really knocked me for a loop. Well, three loops, actually.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home